Since American Sleep Medicine was established in 2002, we have become one of the country’s premier providers of high quality sleep diagnostic testing.
Currently, we conduct more than 30,000 sleep studies per year. We bring you the latest technologies, the most qualified staff, and the highest level of service. Learn more about us >
How can lack of sleep affect you?
You’ve no doubt experienced the grogginess and irritability after a night of light sleep. But sleep loss can have serious consequences for your health, including:
- Sleep loss impairs your judgment and ability to concentrate, learn and remember
- Sleep loss causes accidents, including 100,000 car crashes per year in the U.S.
- Chronic sleep loss contributes to symptoms of depression
- Chronic sleep loss affects your cardiovascular health, putting you at greater risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke and diabetes
- Chronic sleep loss can increase your risk of cancer
- Sleep loss can stimulate your appetite, and over time contribute to obesity
Sleep disorders we diagnose and treat
If you have any of the 70 sleep disorders that exist, we will help you diagnose and treat your condition.