Most likely several things come into play when determining why we aren’t getting a good night’s sleep. In the absence of a sleep disorder, one of the biggest culprits is our lifestyle. In a world of constant distractions such as later work times, electronic devices, and social media it is no wonder we are not getting enough sleep.
Here are six tips everyone can use to help improve the quality of their sleep:
- Stop drinking caffeine by the early afternoon
- Avoid large late-night meals
- Keep your bedroom cool and dark
- Turn off all electronics when getting ready for bed to avoid being distracted
- Maintain a regular sleep schedule
- Skip the late-afternoon nap, as it can make it harder to sleep at bedtime